Get up close and personal with the best of the Marlborough Sounds on this 3 night gourmet escape to paradise. Meet our executive chef as you journey through the stories that have inspired his creative fine dining experience, sample local wines, feast on award-winning cuisine and soak up the spectacular scenery from the comfort of your luxury retreat.
Your journey starts in Blenheim where you will be collected for a wine tasting at Giesen, one of the finest wineries in the region accompanied by a delicious lunch in the vineyards. Your wine transfer concludes in Picton in time to join your 30 minute scheduled water transfer to Bay of Many Coves with Cougar Line.
Enjoy your first 3 course fine dining meal in our award winning restaurant, The Foredeck. Your stay includes fine dining each evening, as well as a full selection from our delicious a la carte breakfast menu each morning.
You will be collected after a leisurely breakfast for a special departure to Motuara Island, a local and uninhabited conservation island focused on providing safe breeding grounds for Little Blue Penguins. Today you will be accompanied by one of our Bay of Many Coves chefs who will prepare a gourmet lunch on board the vessel for you to enjoy as you sail around the beautiful sounds. You will also have the opportunity to visit the salmon farm where seals and dolphins often spend their time enjoying a local catch.
Spend a day relaxing in the spa pool, enjoying our kayaks or walking to the Bay of Many Coves Lookout where you can experience sweeping views of the sounds. On a clear day you will be able to see all the way from historic Ship Cove to the charming township of Picton covering the entire length of the famous Queen Charlotte Track.
Your last evening features our signature 7 course Degustation dinner matched with 6 local wines. Our Degustation menu is prepared especially for you during your stay and showcases the very best of our outstanding chef team. You may wish to walk to our on-site glow worms after dinner, or simply enjoy a good night sleep in the tranquility of our secluded wilderness.
You will be collected after breakfast at the end of your stay by your scheduled Cougar Line water transfer for your return to Picton.
Your 3 Night Marlborough Delight Package includes:
- Three nights accommodation in a luxury one bedroom apartment
- Gourmet breakfast each morning in the Kumatage Guest Lounge
- Elegant three course dinner on the first two evenings
- Seven course Degustation dinner on the third evening in The Foredeck restaurant featuring uniquely Marlborough produce (from the land to the sea) matched to six local wines
- A special cruise to Motuara Island with our chef, including a personal lunch prepared onboard your charter cruise
- A private wine tour of the Marlborough wineries including lunch as part of your arrival or departure transfer
- Return transfers from Blenheim or Picton to Bay of Many Coves