Taittinger Winter Jazz with Kevin Clark and Fran Barton August 2013
Bay of Many Coves and Taittinger Champagne proudly present a Luxury Jazz Weekend with a return performance by Kevin Clark and Fran Barton
There’s no question as to the popularity of this talented duo. Kevin Clark and Fran Barton were the first artists to appear at our Taittinger Luxury Jazz
Weekend events. Since then, they have sold out at every performance. Guaranteed to get you quickly in the mood as they take an entertaining and sometimes surprising trip through a repertoire of modern and classic jazz, from ragtime to New Orleans, from swing to bop, and beyond. There’s something here for every music lover from the jazz enthusiast to those who like a good sing-along to tunes they know and love.
Vocalist Fran and pianist-trumpeter-arranger-composer Kevin have been working together since the early '70s in television, radio, live performances at
festivals, studio recordings, restaurants, private and corporate functions. Fran sings on three of Kevin’s CDs and will be remembered for her sparkling performances with Kevin on the Brian Edwards weekly live to air TV show in the late '70s.
Kevin is one of New Zealand’s most celebrated jazz musicians and composers, having been awarded two NZ Music Award Tuis for Best Jazz Album - in 2003
and 2005. His latest, Zahara, was a finalist in the 2007 awards. His CDs sell steadily overseas and are played on radio stations in the USA and South Africa. Book now to beat the winter blues with a weekend of New Zealand’s finest music in luxury surroundings and the exotic taste of Taittinger.
| Book now From $860pp twin share Terms and conditions apply.
Friday 16th - Sunday 18th August 2013
- 2 people twin share in a one bedroom apartment
$1,150 per person
- 4 people twin share in a two bedroom apartment
$995 per person (total $3,980)
- 6 people twin share in a three bedroom apartment
$860 per person (total $5,160)
- Single person in a one bedroom apartment
- Water taxi transfers
- Luxury apartment-style accommodation for 2 nights
- A welcoming glass of Taittinger Champagne on arrival
- All meals including a special degustation dinner with wine matches
- French and New Zealand inspired jazz all weekend from Kevin Clark and Fran Barton
- Complimentary Taittinger Prestige Rose with Saturday lunch
- Hear the story of the House of Taittinger from a representative of the famous label
All prices are inclusive of GST. Prices exclude the cost of the optional activities and alcohol except for the welcoming champagne, lunch on Saturday and the degustation dinner on Saturday night.